- Achieved dismissal of claims filed in the Eastern District of Virginia involving constitutional violations against an official employed by the Department of Homeland Security.
- Represented former U.S. government contracting official during investigation of award of multi-million-dollar defense contract.
- Represented former OIG employee during an OIG investigation of financial transactions impacting security clearance.
- Represented company executive during OIG investigation into time and billing fraud during international government contract.
- Represented General Counsel during internal investigation into false allegation of harassment made by a corporate employee.
- Successfully defended doctor during medical board investigation into whether the doctor’s conduct fell below the standard of care.
- Represented C-Suite executive at large company in investigation of bid-rigging case.
- Represented charter school employee in investigation into billing fraud.
- Represented individual accused of false claims act violations and export violations during government contracts with the military.
- Served as outside counsel to international oil and gas company to conduct highly sensitive internal investigation of C-Suite level individual.
- Secured numerous dismissals of Virginia and District of Columbia Bar investigations on behalf of attorneys accused of ethical violations.
- Successfully defended executive in foreign company against accusation of multiple violations of criminal trademark infringement.
- Avoided prosecution for lead physician in doctors’ group accused of health care fraud and Stark violations.
- Avoided prosecution on behalf of individual facing fraud allegations from State Department.
- Successfully defended individual facing campaign finance allegations in the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Successfully achieved dismissal of ethical allegations against certified mediator.
- Avoided prosecution and civil sanctions on behalf of State Department defense contractor accused of fraud in executing contract for the U.S. government in Afghanistan.
- Successfully defended CEO of nationally known non-profit organization under investigation by the Department of Justice for inappropriate use of federal funds.
- Avoided prosecution on behalf of small, veteran-owned company accused of defrauding the Veteran’s Administration.
- Successfully defended executive in company against government’s attempt to forfeit $16 million dollars in a criminal trademark matter.
- Obtained an acquittal on murder charges in high-profile case in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Served as counsel in two-month jury trial in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia in high-profile CCE murder conspiracy and racketeering conspiracy.
- Defended nationally known non-profit organization against civil racketeering claims and claims to recover record-high attorney’s fees in petition to the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
- Avoided federal prosecution on behalf of armed services member accused of assault.
- Avoided federal prosecution for individual under investigation for export violations.
- Co-counsel in successful million-dollar settlement against local police department for wrongful shooting death of suspect.
- Handled media relations and pre-trial representation of accused terrorist in alleged plot to assassinate the president.
- Briefed and argued issues relating to criminal violations of the Lanham (Trademark) Act after defendants were convicted of conspiracy to traffic in counterfeit goods and related substantive violations. United States v. Chong Lam, et al, 677 F.3d 190 (4th Cir. 2012)
- Co-authored a victorious brief in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit in U.S. v. Ferguson, 245 Fed. Appx. 233 (4th Cir. 2007).
- Won landmark decision in the Virginia Supreme Court preventing the Attorney General from civilly committing client. Commonwealth of Virginia v. Richard Bryan Allen, 269 Va. 262 (2005).
Community Involvement and Leadership
Andrea has been published by the American Bar Association and has taught continuing legal studies for the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorney’s White-Collar Conference, the American Bar Association, and the Alexandria Bar Association. Andrea has significant relationships in the broader legal community as a leader. Andrea has taught classes on the presentation of expert witness testimony and scientific evidence, Legal Rhetoric and coached the mock trial team at the American University College of Law. She became the Chair of the Board of Directors for the Criminal Law Section of the Virginia State Bar after serving as a member. She assisted in the resolution of attorney disciplinary matters as a member of the Fourth District Disciplinary Committee for the Virginia State Bar. Andrea is also an active member of the steering committee of the prominent Virginia Criminal Justice Conference which consists of prosecutors, judges, justices, and members of the Virginia General Assembly who seek to introduce legislation that improves the quality of legislation affecting the criminal justice system in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Member, Steering Committee, Virginia Criminal Justice Conference
- Past Chair, Board of Directors, Virginia State Bar Criminal Law Section
- Past Member, Fourth District Disciplinary Committee, Virginia State Bar
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Women’s White Collar Defense Association
- Member, Alexandria Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Washingtonian Magazine
- Washingtonian Magazine, Top Lawyers Hall of Fame
- Washingtonian Magazine, Lawyer Lifetime Achievement Member
- Washington, D.C., Super Lawyers
- Washington, D.C., Best Lawyers in America
- Washington, D.C., Best Lawyers, Women in the Law
- Northern Virginia Magazine’s Top Lawyer
TEACHING AND WRITING
- Defending Against Allegations of Running a “Scam” PAC, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers CLE
- The Ethics of Simultaneous Representation, Navigating Pool Counsel Waters, American Bar Association CLE
- Trends in COVID-19 Related Fraud, Alexandria Bar Association CLE
- Article, Pandemic Disruptions Present Opportunities for Permanent Change, American Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor, American University Washington College of Law, Legal Rhetoric
- Adjunct Professor, American University Washington College of Law, Scientific Evidence and Expert Witnesses
- Mock Trial Coach, American University Washington College of Law
The site is not intended to be legal advice.
Contacting the firm or reading the materials on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Kropf Moseley PLLC. If you want to discuss hiring us, please click on the "contact" button above.
No confidential information should be sent over the internet.