We are looking for an associate to join our growing litigation/white-collar boutique. Kropf Moseley PLLC handles a wide range of civil and white-collar criminal matters in Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland. A top candidate for the position has commercial litigation experience and an interest in broadening her/his practice to include white-collar defense and
government investigations. KM presents a unique opportunity for an intellectually curious, organized, hard-working and
responsible junior attorney to take the ball and run with it. You will get substantive work and responsibilities that most big firm associates only dream of. You will work on matters of regional and national prominence. And you will practice with more senior lawyers who are invested in your development and rely on you for input into key decisions.
What else should you know about us? KM is a woman-owned firm. We share space in downtown DC with two other like-minded small firms, creating a lively and collaborative vibe. We have an active blog to which you will contribute regularly. We don’t just sit in our offices and work all day (though we do work really hard); rather, we are involved in the D.C. legal community and encourage you to do the same. You can wear jeans to work on most days. We practice law because we love it, and we work tirelessly for our clients. If you share this approach, then we hope you will consider applying for the position.
Requirements of the position:
- 2 to 5 years of prior experience in complex civil litigation; white-collar defense and government investigations experience is a plus
- Member in good standing of the D.C. or Virginia Bar and preferably one other jurisdiction
- Strong writing skills, both for research projects and court filings
- Desire to learn about business development, such as through blogging, attending networking events, speaking, developing client pitch materials and the like
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Experience working in a team
- Empathetic disposition towards clients
- Strong academic record
- Ability to interact professionally with opposing counsel, clients, judges, and court personnel
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and stay organized
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com:
- One page cover letter explaining why you wish to work with our firm and how your past experience meets the above requirements. Please include your name, address, email, and phone number on the letter
- Current resume with your last name in the file name
- Law school transcript (unofficial is OK)
- Writing sample (brief or persuasive memo of less than 10 pages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our firm. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.